Tharian pyromancers are elementalists who tap into the elemental plane of fire to power their abilities, they are masters of fire.
Hit Dice: d8
The Sky Lords class skills are Acrobatics (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Fly (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (All) (Int), Perception (Wis), Profession (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex), Survival (Wis).
Skill Ranks per Level: 2+ Int modifier.
|Level|| Base |
|Special||Elemental Essences||Spells Known||Maximum Spell Level|
|1st||+0||+0||+2||+2||Fire bolt 1d6, fire resistance, elemental essences, infravision 60 ft., spells||9||4||1|
|3rd||+2||+1||+3||+3||Fire bolt 2d6||27||4||1|
|5th||+3||+1||+4||+4||Fire bolt 3d6||45||5||2|
|6th||+4||+2||+5||+5||Tharian flames (lesser)||54||6||3|
|7th||+5||+2||+5||+5||Fire bolt 4d6||63||6||3|
|8th||+6/+1||+2||+6||+6||Fire aura (lesser)||72||7||4|
|9th||+6/+1||+3||+6||+6||Fire bolt 5d6||81||7||4|
|11th||+8/+3||+3||+7||+7||Fire bolt 6d6||99||8||5|
|13th||+9/+4||+4||+8||+8||Fire bolt 7d6||117||9||6|
|14th||+10/+5||+4||+9||+9||Wings of flame||126||10||7|
|15th||+11/+6/+1||+5||+9||+9||Fire bolt 8d6||135||10||7|
|17th||+12/+7/+2||+5||+10||+10||Fire bolt 9d6||153||11||8|
|19th||+14/+9/+4||+6||+11||+11||Fire bolt 10d6||171||12||9|
All of the following are class features of the tharian pyromancer.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Tharian pyromancers are proficient with all simple weapons plus 2 additional weapon of their choice. Tharian pyromancers are proficient with light and medium armor. They are not proficient with shields.
Fire Bolt [elemental bolt] (Su): Tharian pyromancers are capable of producing a bolt of fire. The fire bolt deals up to the amount of damage listed on Table: Tharian Pyromancer. The fire bolt has a range of up to 10 feet per tharian pyromancer class level and requires a Ranged Attack roll to strike the target. Only a single fire bolt may be fired per round but the tharian pyromancer may divide the damage dice up into multiple fire bolts if they are able to make more than one attack per round—such as due to a high enough Base Attack Bonus, use of the haste spell, or some other means—. It is a standard action to fire a single fire bolt or a full attack action to fire multiple fire bolts. A fire bolt is usable at-will.
Fire Resistance (Ex): Tharian pyromancers possess fire resistance 10 +1 per tharian pyromancer level.
Elemental Essences: The elemental essences are a measure of how much elemental power a tharian pyromancer possesses, the number of elemental essences possessed by a tharian pyromancer determines how often they can use some of their abilities. The elemental essences possessed by a tharian pyromancer are composed of fire essences. Elemental essences are restored after 8 hours of uninterrupted rest. Tharian pyromancers gain a number of bonus elemental essences depending on their tharian pyromancer level and their Constitution score (see Table: Bonus Elemental Essences by Tharian Pyromancer Level & Constitution Score).
Spells: A tharian pyromancer possesses an extremely limited number of spells known (see Table: Tharian Pyromancer) that they can cast by using their elemental essences. A tharian pyromancers spells follow all the rules of normal spellcasting. To cast a tharian pyromancer spell requires that the tharian pyromancer temporarily spend a number of elemental essences equal to the spell level—1 elemental essence for a level 1 spell, 5 elemental essences for a level 5 spells, and so on—. The save DC for a tharian pyromancer's spells is DC 10 + Spell Level + Constitution modifier. For a list of spells that a tharian pyromancer can learn see Tharian Pyromancer Spell List
Evasion: The tharian pyromancer gains evasion. If exposed to any effect that normally allows them to attempt a Reflex saving throw for half damage, the tharian pyromancer takes no damage with a successful saving throw. The evasion ability can only be used if the tharian pyromancer is waring light or no armor.
Infravision (Ex): Tharian pyromancers possess infravision out to 60 feet.
Smoke Vision (Ex): The tharian pyromancer can see perfectly in smoky conditions (such as those created by pyrotechnics).
Tharian Flames, Lesser (Su): The tharian pyromancers flames burn unnaturally hot. The tharian pyromancer ignores all resistances to fire.
Fire Aura, Lesser (Su): The tharian pyromancer is surrounded by an aura of intense heat. All creatures with 5 feet take 1d6 points of fire damage at the beginning of the tharian pyromancer's turn.
Pyrotechnics (Sp): The tharian pyromancer can use pyrotechnics as the spell at-will.
Tharian Flames (Su): The tharian pyromancer can completely ignores all fire resistances and fire immunities. Creatures that are normally capable of absorbing fire are unable to absorb the tharian pyromancer's flames.
Wings of flame (Su): The tharian pyromancer can manifest a pair of fiery wings that allows them to fly at a speed equal to twice their base land speed with average maneuverability.
Fire Subtype (Ex): The tharian pyromancer gains the fire subtype. This makes them immune to fire but vulnerable to cold, that means they take +50% more damage from cold effects regardless of if a saving throw is allowed or a successful save is made against the effect.
Fire Aura (Su): The flames surrounding the tharian pyromancer now deal 2d6 points of fire damage out to 10 feet.
Tharian Pyromancer: The elemental energy flowing through the tharian pyromancers body has transformed them into an elemental being, the tharian pyromancer gains the following benefits:
- — Darkvision 60 feet
- — No longer needs to breathe, eat, or sleep
- — Immunity to bleed, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning.
- — Not subject to critical hits or flanking. Does not take additional damage from precision-based attacks, such as sneak attack.
- — Type changes to Outsider (elemental, native)
- — The tharian pyromancer no longer ages or risks dieing of old age. They cannot be magically aged and they do not suffer any penalties for their age, however, any penalties related to age that have already taken effect remain. Age bonuses still accrue normally.
Tharian Pyromancer Spell List
Spells used by a tharian pyromancer are a one-time magical effect. A tharian pyromancer does not need to prepare spells ahead of time, they can spontaneously cast any spell that they know by paying the appropriate of amount elemental essences. The save DC for the tharian pyromancer's spells is 10 + Spell Level + Constitution modifier.
0-Level Tharian Pyromancer Spells
- Arcane Mark: Inscribes a personal rune on an object or creature (visible or invisible).
- Dancing Lights: Creates torches or other lights.
- Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
- Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or small object.
- Flare: Dazzles one creature (–1 penalty on attack rolls).
- Know Direction: You discern north.
- Light: Object shines like a torch.
- Purify Food and Drink: Purifies 1 cu. ft./level of food or water.
- Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.
1st-Level Tharian Pyromancer Spells
- Burning Hands: 1d4/level fire damage (max 5d4).
- Endure Elements: Exist comfortably in hot or cold regions.
- Expeditious Retreat: Your base speed increases by 30 ft.
- Faerie Fire: Outlines subjects with light, canceling blur, concealment, and the like.
- Feather Fall: Objects or creatures fall slowly.
- Identify: Gives +10 bonus to identify magic items.
- Jump: Subject gets bonus on Acrobatics checks.
- Produce Flame: 1d6 damage + 1/level, touch or thrown.
2nd-Level Tharian Pyromancer Spells
- Blur: Attacks miss subject 20% of the time.
- Continual Flame M: Makes a permanent, heatless light.
- Flame Blade: Touch attack deals 1d8 + 1/two levels damage.
- Flaming Sphere: Rolling ball of fire deals 3d6 fire damage.
- Heat Metal: Makes metal so hot it damages those who touch it.
- Invisibility: Subject is invisible for 1 min./level or until it attacks.
- Levitate: Subject moves up and down at your direction.
- Obscure Object: Masks object against scrying.
- Pyrotechnics: Turns fire into blinding light or thick smoke.
- Resist Energy: Ignores 10 (or more) points of damage/attack from specified energy type.
- See Invisibility: Reveals invisible creatures or objects.
- Shape Elemental Bolt, Line: You can shape your elemental bolt into a line.
3rd-Level Tharian Pyromancer Spells
- Dispel Magic: Cancels one magical spell or effect.
- Displacement: Attacks miss subject 50% of the time.
- Fireball: 1d6 damage per level, 20-ft. radius.
- Fly: Subject flies at speed of 60 ft.
- Haste: One creature/level moves faster, +1 on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves.
- Nondetection M: Hides subject from divination, scrying.
- Protection from Energy: Absorbs 12 points/level of damage from one kind of energy.
- Shape Elemental Bolt, Spread: You can shape your elemental bolt into a spread.
4th-Level Tharian Pyromancer Spells
- Dimensional Anchor: Bars extradimensional movement.
- Fire Shield [Fire version only]: Creatures attacking you take fire damage; you're protected from heat or cold.
- Fire Trap M: Opened object deals 1d4 damage + 1/level.
- Shape Elemental Bolt, Burst: You can shape your elemental bolt into a burst.
- Wall of Fire: Deals 2d4 fire damage out to 10 ft. and 1d4 out to 20 ft. Passing through wall deals 2d6 damage +1/level.
5th-Level Tharian Pyromancer Spells
- Contact Other Plane: Lets you ask question of extraplanar entity.
- Plane Shift F: As many as 8 subjects travel to another plane.
- Teleport: Instantly transports you as far as 100 miles per level.
- True Seeing M: Lets you see all things as they really are.
6th-Level Tharian Pyromancer Spells
- Disintegrate: Reduces one creature or object to dust.
- Dispel Magic, Greater: As dispel magic, but with multiple targets.
- Fire Seeds: Acorns and berries become grenades and bombs.
- Shape Elemental Bolt, Cone: You can shape your elemental bolt into a cone.
7th-Level Tharian Pyromancer Spells
- Banishment: Banishes 2 HD/level of extraplanar creatures.
- Delayed Blast Fireball: 1d6/level fire damage; you can postpone blast for up to 5 rounds.
- Fire Storm: Deals 1d6/level fire damage.
8th-Level Tharian Pyromancer Spells
- Dimensional Lock: Teleportation and interplanar travel blocked for 1 day/level.
- Horrid Wilting: Deals 1d6/level damage within 30 ft.
- Incendiary Cloud: Cloud deals 6d6 fire damage/round.
- Mind Blank: Subject is protected from mental/emotional magic and scrying.